- Posted by: Irena Rezec
- Categories: Financing of Projects, Innovation Economy, Private Funds, Public Funds
The Social Innovation Fund (SIF) is a new public policy instrument to boost impact investment in Portugal, working in areas with strong potential for innovation, in response to unmet societal needs, aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Funded by financial allocations from the European Social Fund and National Funds, SIF focuses on two types of financial instruments, i.e. with the equity and debt capital, which aims at supporting Social Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship Initiatives (SISEI) that offer innovative, impactful and sustainable solutions to tackle societal problems.
- The SIF EQUITY line promotes support for projects that are Social Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship Initiatives (SISEI), in co-investment with private co-investors.
- The SIF DEBT – the guaranteed and subsidised SIF credit line aims at facilitating access to bank loans and improving financing conditions for Social Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship Initiatives (SISEI).
SIF supports initiatives in several areas of intervention, such as:
- Promoting employment, training and education;
- Promoting social, financial and digital inclusion;
- Promoting active ageing;
- Promoting health and well-being;
- Other areas that are considered Social Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship Initiatives.
For more information do not hesitate to contact us in case you need our support in the process of your project proposal preparation.